Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1

Adina takes me to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in Basking Ridge. 10:30 appointment. We check in, and a short while later we're being led to "room" 3...they're more like private spaces here...to start my treatments. The first 90 minutes are anti-nausea meds and fluids. Then around noon, we start the actual chemo medication. Overall an uneventful day at MSKCC. I feel fine leaving, wondering if that's how I would feel in the days to come. My appetite has been fine, I've been drinking a lot of fluids on my own, all seemed to be well.

Get home, knock down a Subway sandwich, take a nap, end up being 40 min late to my chiropractor...and then I start to feel nauseous. Eventually pills and such don't help, and later in the night I get sick. Call MSKCC to let them know. Since temp stayed down (it has to stay below 100.4) just take one of the other pills they prescribed to me. That did the trick after a while. Was able to hold down crackers and ginger ale, so I slept relatively well for the night. Before we went to bed, Adina lament how once she put notice out for help with the lawn, no one was available. Not sure how to take that...I just want to sleep and not have to worry about drama, anger, or anything else that's negative vibes.

Wonder going into Day 2 if I'll be able to eat something, even if it's crackers en masse!

No comments:

Post a Comment