Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 7

Had a good time last night with Sean, CJ, Hamad, and Robb all stopping by in the evening. Adina cooked the hot dogs (a little too much so on a couple of them)! There was also potato salad and some lettuce...and PLENTY of Gatorade! I could only get 2 Strat games in (lost both)! Stayed up a little later than I should have, but that's what sleeping in is for all this time!

Stomach has been acutely been giving me issues since last night. Starting to wonder if hot dogs were the right idea! But we're being cautious still here. Got the meds again to take, ands just overall monitoring on how my body is feeling to make sure I'm not missing anything!

I think we're having more visitors over today. So it's all good!

The visitors today were Joanne, Luc, and Trish. Adina heated up the baked ziti and meatballs that Ken and Amy had sent over yesterday...and damn was that tasty! My stomach is hurting a bit from it, but overall no worries! Also got a call from another D, this being my Srrat buddy Billy's mother. She's a good resource if I have any treatment questions, and always a good ear to talk to (as is Billy and Jack and all of the CHL, for that matter). Can't imagine it's been 8 years since I first started playing Strat hockey in Queens! But I love going there to draft and play, ad can't wait to do it again next season!

And back to the baked ziti...now I have an idea for my mother for future dishes! She doesn't make that "Traditional" baked ziti...hers is essentially ziti first boiled, then yes baked but just with a lot of mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. I think mom needs to add meatballs to it next time. Then it'll become my new favorite dish from her! I'll talk to her about it tomorrow!

Anyway...time to get some rest. Another day of recovery tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment